Embedded Software Developper
As an Embedded Software Developer, you will work on Linux software for Octasic’s line of cellular base station products. You will assist implementing a BSP for Octasic’s products ranging from silicon devices to complete systems. Broad Linux experience is key, especially working in real-time environments.
You will closely work with the system and embedded software architects during the specification, implementation, and integration phases.
Responsibilities and duties
- Contribute to the development & debug of BSP components for Octasic’s next generation SOC.
- Contribute to the validation effort of Octasic’s next generation SOC.
- Performance optimization and tuning of low-level software infrastructure.
- Provide second level of support for Octasic’s deployed systems.
Technical and Skills Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Overall work experience: 5 to 10 years in software design
- Familiar with the steps and tools to generate a complete embedded Linux distribution (including kernel configuration & compilation and bootloaders).
- Experience with BitBake, Yocto and/or OpenEmbedded.
- Experience writing and debugging Linux drivers instantiated through device tree files.
- Experience debugging embedded hardware systems, with the appropriate tools such as oscilloscopes.
- Demonstrated ability to stay up to date with the Linux community’s latest developments.
- Knowledge of scripting languages is a strong asset (Python, Perl, bash, awk, etc)
- Familiarity with ASIC verification is a plus (systemVerilog, rtl simulation, etc.)
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: Embedded Android (build and deploy), hypervisors, qemu internals, linux containers (using), Jenkins (using & configuring), Ptxdist.
- Good English writing skills and oral English are required; oral French is also required.
Interested by this position? Send us your resume at email@example.com!