Opus Studio is a complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that provides a visual framework to accelerate development of embedded applications. This fully integrated environment includes project management, code editing, compiling, profiling and debugging tools.
Opus Studio is a state-of-the-art development environment targeting Octasic's Opus DSP. Built upon Microsoft’s Visual Studio Shell™, this robust framework offers a familiar look and feel to software developers. The Microsoft Visual Studio platform is used by millions of developers around the world.
Develop High Performance Applications Quickly
Opus Studio seamlessly integrates a powerful C compiler. ISO C99 compliant, the compiler delivers industry-leading performance on standard DSP benchmarks. This accelerates development by leaving a larger portion of the software in C-language.
For performance-critical routines, the Opus Studio profiler provides a clear view of the instruction scheduling, and important resources to quickly and predictably optimize code in assembly language.
Innovative features such as Opus QuickLine enable programmers to easily meld in-line assembly with regular C expressions in their code. This provides better control over the code generated by the compiler, without the overhead associated with assembly language programming.
Octasic provides a robust real-time operating system (RTOS) kernel. This royalty-free kernel allows developers to focus on their value-added application, not the nuts-and-bolts required to build a system.
Features / Benefits
- Familiar look and feel: Microsoft Visual Studio is the de-facto development platform
- Robust: Built upon Microsoft Visual Studio Shell™ used by millions of developers around the world
- Full-featured: Project manager, C compiler, linker, debugger, profiler
- Built for multi-core: Parallel debug capabilities for inter-core visualization
- Efficient: Powerful C compiler and near real-time integrated simulator
- Extensible: Install 3rd party plug-ins to speed development
Debugging and Profiling
Opus Studio supports a variety of debugging targets. For rapid prototyping, developers can use Octasic’s Evaluation Boards. Communication is done via Ethernet eliminating the need for expensive 3rd party connectors, cables and pods.
When debugging intricate code requires careful simulation, simply flip a switch to begin running code in the integrated simulator. This high performance simulator runs near real-time, making it painless to debug in a multi-core environment.
Tap the Microsoft Visual Studio Ecosystem by finding free or commercial plug-ins for Opus Studio. Visit www.visualstudiogallery.com to download and install plug-ins for source control, test scripting, documentation automation and many other time-saving functions.
Opus Studio enables developers to build applications for the world’s most power efficient DSP. Octasic also offers frameworks for building applications such as Media Gateways for Voice and Video over IP and Wireless Basestations.
- Opus Studio runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Command-line modes are supported on Linux.
- Minimum: 1.6 GHz CPU, 384 MB RAM, 1024x768 display
- Recommended: 2.2 GHz or higher CPU, 1024 MB or more RAM, 1280x1024 display
- On Windows Vista: 2.4 GHz CPU, 768 MB RAM
|OCTDSP-IDE-EVAL||Opus Studio – Evaluation version. Emulation only, no hardware target support.|
|OCTDSP-IDE-FULL||Opus Studio – Full Version. Hardware Target support. Hardware not included.|
Go to, Octasic’s Opus DSP Core Technology.