Vocallo BTS is a fully integrated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) sub-system optimized for Layer 1 GSM-EDGE basestation applications. At the heart of the solution is Opus, Octasic’s revolutionary clock-less DSP core, bringing unparalleled advantages in carrier density, cost sustainability and power efficiency. The Vocallo BTS DSP implements complete Layer 1 baseband functionally for a combination of up to 12 GSM carriers or 6 EDGE carriers. All this in a 15mm x 15mm BGA consuming less than 1W (or 80mW per carrier). This impressive achievement in power density is due, in part to Opus, Octasic’s clock-less DSP core.
Vocallo BTS is fully supported by an intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) based Integrated Development Environment (IDE), evaluation board and full product documentation.
Vocallo BTS with its breakthrough multi-core clock-less DSP architecture enables full system flexibility. At long last, system implementers are able to create a range of next generation multi-standard wireless solutions based on a true SDR implementation.
Programming Vocallo BTS
Vocallo BTS's modular software architecture allows designers to write their own software to extend, modify, reuse or replace the software provided by Octasic. The Opus platform, on which Vocallo BTS is built, comes with a full IDE, Opus Studio, which includes a standard C compiler, a visual editing environment, a profiler and a debugger tailored for multi-core DSPs. Based on Microsoft’s Visual Studio Shell, Opus Studio provides an easy to navigate set of tools. The Opus kernel and scheduler assigns tasks, frames and slots onto the multi-core architecture and provides a hardware abstraction layer.
- OCT1010 Digital Signal Processor based upon Opus DSP core.
- OCT1010ID Interface Device featuring TDM, sGMII, Flash, SPI, UART and RF sub-system interface. The RF interface device can be customized to support your own RF subsystem interface.
- 3GPP compliant Layer 1 GSM/EDGE BTS reference library in source format.
- Reduced Layer 2 and Layer 3 framework in source format for validation and voice call demonstration purposes.
- T41 Evaluation Board Opus Studio, Windows™ Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment.
Go to Opus, Octasic’s DSP Core Technology.