Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide, SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
• A workplace at the cutting edge of technology in a growing business and to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company.
• Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises and beverages and snacks free every day).
• Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.)
• Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
• Working for a company involved in its community
• Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking for:
The DevOPS Specialist possesses the technical skills and experience in embedded C/C++/Python development environment. He is skilled in programming, networking and knowledgeable in commercial and open source software production packages. He can develop a robust development infrastructure that is adapted to the needs of the software teams. He is curious and knows how to take advantage of the tools to meet the needs of software development and delivery. This position requires a great deal of autonomy, motivation and resourcefulness in order to advise teams and harmonize practices and tools.
Your daily life:
• Work with the software teams to advise and harmonize methods and technologies used for embedded systems software delivery.
• Release management rules & GIT workflows
• Continuous integration tool development (Jenkins based)
• Management of the build and automation server farm
• Automation system performance improvements
• Servers and tools to facilitate multi-site software development and delivery
• Lab & server farms network connectivity and performance optimization
• Team coaching and training (GIT workflow, new tools & practices)
• Development of the support documentation for users
• Programming language: Bash, Python
• OS: Linux, Windows
• SCM: GIT(Bitbucket), SVN
• CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Artifactory
• Virtualization tools: VMWare ESXi and vSphere, Docker
• Automated software configuration and deployment tools: Ansible, Terraform
• System monitoring and dashboards: Prometheus, Nagios, Grafana