Director of Sales and Customer Support
The Director of Sales and Customer Support is a manager capable of unifying and supervising a multi-site team and acts as a technical reference for the Octasic Wireless product portfolio. The mission of the support team is to engage with customers during the whole sales and integration cycle; from the initial design discussions to customer product development, testing and field deployment. The team is responsible for conducting product demos, delivering technical training and troubleshooting customer equipment. As Octasic is increasing its customer base at a fast pace, the organization and optimization of the support for a worldwide 24/7 coverage will be one of the first challenges. The person will also be required to travel about 25% of the time.
Some of the tasks include:
- Supervise a multi-site support team (4+ locations) to cover 24/7 worldwide support for Octasic wireless product lines.
- Define team’s objectives based on corporate goals
- Monitor team’s KPI, customer satisfaction and plan corrective actions to improve efficiency.
- Act as point of contact for customer communication and escalation
- Drive consistency in communication and support management techniques across the team.
- Coordinate operations with third parties involved in customer support
- Work with various teams, such product line management, production and engineering to ensure timely product deliveries that meets customer expectation.
- Communicate status to senior management and other relevant stakeholders (ex: Board of Directors)
This position involves a certain level of technical support with key customers:
- Provide technical support to Octasic clients who are integrating our products into their solutions.
- Provide product training and sales presentations, prepare and provide product demos
- Attend industry trade shows with the sales team
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years of work experience and 3 years in a management position
- At least 5 years of experience in technical support
- Leadership abilities in coaching and mentoring team members
- Ability to travel (up to 25% of the time)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deliverables in a fast paced work environment.
- Knowledge of cellular technologies (GSM, UMTS, LTE, …), an asset
- Good programming skills, an asset.