Octasic Inc. is a leading provider of SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets. Octasic’s hardware/software platforms are full-featured systems. The company’s high-quality solutions are based on Opus, a power-efficient asynchronous multi-core DSP architecture. Founded in 1998, Octasic is a private company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with R&D facilities in Canada and India, and a worldwide sales support network.
We are currently looking for one:
Embedded Software Developer – Wireless
Octasic is growing its base-station cellular baseband software development team. The software includes physical layer solutions (Layer 1 PHY), as well as Layer 1 Control (call processing) and interfaces to Layer 2 and 3, for current and next generation cellular standards (5G, 4G, 3G, 2G).
As Embedded Software Designer you will be part of the Software Defined Radio team. You will develop and maintain the software infrastructure used by the various products. You must be comfortable working at all levels from driver integration to API communications.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Understand the existing code base and architectures
- Design, develop and maintain the software framework used by the PHY developers
- Develop code and test units as part of an agile development team
- Assist the validation team during product releases
- Write and review related technical documentation used internally and by customers.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer science or related technical field
- Overall work experience: 4+ years of embedded systems development
- Solid understanding of embedded systems and RTOS
- Able to work efficiently with the following tools and in the following environments:
- Programming languages: C, ASM
- Validation and benchmarking methodologies
- Real-Time tools: emulators, debugger and profiler
- Multi-core processors
- Good English oral and writing skills are required; oral French is an asset
- Experience with any wireless or GSM/WCDMA/HSPA/LTE/5G systems is an asset
- Experience in communication protocols, networking, and system design is an asset.
- Tenacious and meticulous
- Self-sufficient and resourceful
- Aptitudes to work and communicate within a team
- A quick learner.
Choosing Octasic is:
- A workplace at the cutting edge of technology in a growing business
- For competitive conditions (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, options purchase program)
- For a work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.)
- For friendly and collaborative work atmosphere.
You recognized yourself? This is a challenge that you can overcome? Want to join our team? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org