Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
• A workplace at the cutting edge of technology to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company.
• Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises and beverages and snacks free every day)
• Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.).
• Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
• Working for a company involved in its community.
• Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking for an:
Embedded Software Developer
The team is responsible for the Opus Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) which includes optimizing C / C ++ compilers as well as the operating system (micro-kernel) for Octasic’s multi-core signal processing processors.
The incumbent must with a keen interest in compilation, embedded systems and signal processing to contribute to the development of Opus Studio.
Your daily life:
• Design new features at the level of the compiler, the integrated development environment (IDE) or the libraries and the micro-kernel
• Ensure the quality of new features by writing tests
• Collaborate with internal and external developers using our software development tools
• Be creative by proposing improvements to the product
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent
• 2 to 5 years of experience in software development
• Proven ability to program in C / C ++ or C # (.Net)
• Bilingual in French and spoken English, able to write English (mainly for documentation).
• Tenacious and meticulous;
• Autonomous and resourceful;
• Ability to work well and communicate in a team;
• Great learning ability.
Want to become the new team member? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org