Octasic Inc. is a leading provider of SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets. Octasic’s hardware/software platforms are full-featured systems. The company’s high-quality solutions are based on Opus, a power-efficient asynchronous multi-core DSP architecture. Founded in 1998, Octasic is a private company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with R&D facilities in Canada and India, and a worldwide sales support network.
We are currently looking for:
The Director of Operations reports to the Vice-President Operations and is responsible for (a) production orders schedule (b) worldwide customers’ orders deliveries, (c) improving the supply chain efficiency. The incumbent also supervises the Production Team Lead and the Inventory and Logistics Specialist.
- Establish product schedule in line with forecasts and just-in-time orders.
- Play a significant role in the supply chain, including initiatives to maintain the minimum cost of products (COGS), an optimal stock level, prompt responses to customer requests, all geared towards operational effectiveness.
- Supervise the Inventory and Logistics Specialist and the Production Team Lead.
- Collaborate with sales team to provide clear visibility on the product and orders delivery availability.
- Follow-up on engineering products changes notices.
- Responsible for export permit applications.
- Oversees the transportation logistics of demonstration products.
- Responsible for tradeshow or customer demonstrations book request.
- Responsible for merchandise transfers between business units (tracking orders from units)
- Plan a lead role, with the Director of Engineering Production and the Procurement Manager, in the quality insurance of material and finished products.
- Work in collaboration the Director of Engineering Production to put in place the necessary measures to increase production capacity at lower costs in order to meet sales forecasts.
- Responsible for the creation of production recipes, according to the initial lists o engineering parts (BOM, Bill of Material)
Requirements and qualifications
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience, including 3 years in a similar position.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 certified environment.
- Experience in high-tech enterprise, preferably in telecommunications.
- Versatile, autonomous, good judgment and concerned about quality.
- Able to interact easily with employees of all departments.
- Excellent French and English, both spoken and written.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiar with common ERP tools.
- Varied experience in small / medium size businesses.
- Familiar with subcontractors, Ontario and Quebec, management.
- Experience working with subsidiaries or business units outside of Canada.
Choosing Octasic is:
- A workplace at the cutting edge of technology in a growing business.
- For competitive conditions (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, options purchase program).
- For a work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.).
- For friendly and collaborative work atmosphere.
You recognized yourself? This is a challenge that you can overcome? Want to join our team? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org