Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communications. We provide state-of-the-art integration software and hardware platforms for worldwide mobile wireless solutions. Octasic has offices worldwide and continues to expand.
Why choose Octasic?
- It is a workplace at the cutting edge of technology, allowing you to meet wireless technology experts in a growing company.
- Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock option purchase program, reimbursement for public transit, showers on the premises, and complimentary beverages and snacks every day)
- Work-family balance (flexible schedule, possibility of working remotely, etc.).
- Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
- Octasic is a company involved in its community
- Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Under the supervision of the Vice-President of Operations, the Quality Director is in charge of developing, maintaining, and optimizing the quality management system.
- Define and implement the direction and strategy of the department in accordance with the priorities of the organization
- Act as an advocate of change in the evolution towards a culture of quality
- Participate in the resolution of quality related problems with suppliers
- Set up targets and actions aimed at improving our suppliers’ quality
- Participate in the screening process of new suppliers and the evaluation of current suppliers
- Participate in the processing and analysis of customer returns (RMA)
- Participate in the implementation of requirements and initiatives aimed at increasing product reliability
- Ensure that the various requirements related to product reliability are met
- Actively participate in the implementation of processes related to the introduction of new products and change management
- Ensure that the processes related to the various product certifications are respected
- Supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager
- Responsible for ISO 9001 certification
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience, including at least 5 years in a similar position
- Experience in a manufacturing company in the field of electronics
- Knowledge of IPC standards
- Knowledge of environmental guidelines (ROHS, REACH, etc.)
- Knowledge of product and process analysis methodologies (DFMEA, PFMEA) is an asset
- Experience in reliability testing (temperature, humidity, vibration, etc.) is an asset
- Experience in quality management of software products is an asset.
- Able to interact easily with employees from all departments
- Excellent command of French and English, both spoken and written