Octasic Inc. is a leading provider of SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets. Octasic’s hardware/software platforms are full-featured systems. The company’s high-quality solutions are based on Opus, a power-efficient asynchronous multi-core DSP architecture. Founded in 1998, Octasic is a private company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with R&D facilities in Canada and India, and a worldwide sales support network.
We are currently looking for:
Radio Frequency (RF) Electronic Engineering Technician
The RF Electronic Engineering Technician will work under the supervision of the Product Development Team Leader. You will assist the engineering team in laboratory testing during the commissioning and certification of new products. You will also be asked to assist the technical support team. You will be required to travel up to 4 times a year in North America.
- Perform product qualification tests at the Radio Frequency system level.
- Develop and perform RF testing of new products in the laboratory.
- Debug electronic radio frequency assemblies at PCB and system level.
- Write engineering test reports.
- Participate in the various certification tests.
- Assist in product design and development.
- Prototype assemblies (electronics, mechanics, cables).
- DEC in electronics or solid equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of radio frequency characterization parameters.
- Master the use of laboratory equipment (RF test equipment, spectrum analyzer, VNA, oscilloscope).
- Knowledge of cell phone technologies (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE).
- Ability to understand system problems.
- Ability to debug radio frequency assemblies.
- Knowledge in script (Python)
- Communicates effectively in French and English (oral and written).
- Familiar with FCC / RED / 3GPP standards for cellular products.
- Experience in spectral emission conformation and EMC.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- To take initiatives
Choosing Octasic is for:
- A workplace at the cutting edge of technology in a growing business
- To be in contact with wireless technology experts
- For competitive conditions ( salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, options purchase program, transit reimbursement program)
- For a work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.)
- For friendly and collaborative work atmosphere.
- We are located in Technopôle Angus (accessible by bus: Angus shuttle (25) and at 10 minutes’ walk from Prefontaine station)
This is a full time (40 hours a week, Monday to Friday) permanent position
People who meets the requirement and who are interested in applying, please send your resume to email@example.com
You want to know more about Octasic, please visit our website www.octasic.com