Senior 5G Physical Layer DSP Engineer
As Senior 5G Physical Layer DSP Engineer in the SDR team, you will drive the 5G System from Matlab to optimized embedded C/ASM representations. For the current SoC generation, you will define the system requirements, explore and select algorithms, implement and validate PHY SW components in embedded C. You will also participate in the definition of the next generation SoC for signal processing tasks that will be performed in either SW and/or HW.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Understand 5G 3GPP System specifications and requirements;
• Develop and maintain the 5G PHY reference chain;
• Explore Receiver Algorithms in floating-point and compare performance;
• Convert algorithms in fixed-point C and tradeoff performance VS complexity;
• Port code to the target (fixed point embedded C);
• DSP Optimization (C/and assembler);
• Define & implement SW component unitary and sub-system test-benches to be used at all levels (from Matlab to optimized implementations);
• Assist the validation team during product releases;
• Write and review technical documentation used internally and by customers.
Technical and Skills Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering;
• Work experience: at least 5 years in wireless protocol implementations;
• Strong knowledge of the 5G protocol;
• Able to work efficiently in the following environments:
o Analysis tools and software : Matlab;
o Programming languages: C and assembler;
• Good English writing skills and oral English are required; oral French is an asset;
• Experience working in an agile software development environment.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Motivated and meticulous;
• Self-sufficient and resourceful;
• Aptitudes to work and communicate within a team.