Senior embedded software developer
Octasic is looking for a senior embedded software developer to join its fast growing Media Gateway software development team. As an embedded software, you will participate in the creation of Octasic’s next generation Vocallo Media Gateway based on our next generation DSP technology.
Octasic’s Media Gateway solution provides high density transcoding and conferencing capabilities that enable customers to build a wide variety of audio and video telecommunications applications such as Session Boarder Controllers, IP Private Branch Exchanges, video conferencing and Multipoint Control Units. Our technology is deployed by telephony carriers and enterprises all around the world.
Your curiosity, creativity and dynamism will help us build the most powerful and innovative multi-core embedded media gateway solution on the market.
- Understand customer requirements for new feature development
- Analyze, design and document new media gateway functionalities.
- Implement designs, in C, using Octasic’s proprietary IDE based on Visual Studio 2016.
- Validate new designs using unit, module and system tests.
- Review your peer’s modifications to reduce bugs and create a homogenous software solution.
- Propose any improvements to the current processes that would increase efficiency or add value to the company.
- Participate in scrum and design meetings.
- Investigate customer issues, propose solutions and implement the necessary fixes.
- Bachelor degree in computer or electrical engineering, or an equivalent degree;
- Minimum 7 years of working experience (internship and/or permanent job) including:
- Real-time software development
- Embedded software development
- Programming experience: C/C++;
- Comfortable in oral French and English, good writing skills in English
- Experience in writing multi-core, multi-platform applications, an asset.
- Knowledge of network protocols (IP, UDP, RTP/RTCP/sRTP, ARP, etc), an asset.
- Assembly language programming experience, an asset
- Ability and interest in writing efficient and optimized code, an asset;
- Programming experience on DSP, an asset;
- Understanding of voice/video over IP transport, an asset;
- Voice processing and voice codec (G.711, G.729, EVS, AMR, EVRC, Silk, etc) knowledge, an asset.