The Technical Writer will collaborate with the engineering department, reporting to the director of ASIC development, and collaborate with in-house technical writers.
He/She is expected to develop technical documentation for Octasic’s System on Chip (SoC) products. The successful candidate will have expert skills in technical writing and written and spoken English. He/she is organized, autonomous, and efficient.
The candidate will collect existing written content and supplement it with interviews of the subject matter experts.
This is a 6 to 9 month contract, starting in March 2017.
- Author, review, and/or edit product datasheets for System on Chip ASIC products
- Use graphic software to produce diagrams and illustrations
- Interact with the engineering team to collect the technical content in a timely manner
- Develop plans, milestones, and negotiate resources
- Provide Management with status reports on documentation progress
Technical and Skills Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering, or certificate in a technical field
- Minimum 8 years experience in a technical writing role
- 5 years experience writing technical documentation for ASIC devices
- Mastery of the English language and ability to produce high quality reports and documentation in English
- Knowledge of cellular protocols, video processing, and ARM processors an asset
- Ability to translate internal engineering documentation into customer-facing technical collateral
- Excellent research and interviewing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on multiple documents at the same time