As Software Validation Developer in the Software Defined Radio team, you will work on the validation and conformance of our products, but you will also participate in the design, architecture definition, implementation, and integration of the 2G/2.5G (GSM, GPRS, EDGE, eEDGE), 3G (WCDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA) and 4G (LTE) software solutions. You will closely work with the system and embedded software architects during the specification, implementation, and integration phases.
Responsibilities and duties
- Specify, implement and execute the complete baseband and front-end system validation and conformance plan according to the 3GPP specifications
- Write validation and conformance specifications in line with software architecture
- Organize and execute the validation and conformance plans with state of the art RF and base-station testers
- Generate validation reports for internal and external use.
Technical and Skills Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong desire for expansion of current skillset in a fast-paced work environment.
- Overall work experience: 2 to 5 years in software design or software design validation.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols is a strong asset
- Knowledge of several scripting languages is a strong asset ( phyton, bash, ack.. etc )
- Able to work efficiently in the following environments:
- Programming languages: C/C++
- Cellular validation procedures and 3GPP conformance testing
- Development tools: Microsoft Visual Studio
- Test equipment and tools (example: spectrum analyzer, channel simulator, oscilloscope .. etc )
- Good English writing skills and oral English are required; oral French is also required.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment