The OCT2224W is part of the OCT2200 series of devices, targeted at wireless baseband processing for Base Transceiver Stations (BTS).
The OCT2224W is a System-on-Chip (SoC) device optimized for GSM, HSPA and LTE baseband processing. It offers impressive power-efficiency consuming less than 5 watts while serving 64 users within a range of 20 km in HSPA.
OEMs can quickly develop multi-standard basestations thanks to the modular flexiPHY software that comes pre-integrated with the device. This software supports major 3GPP releases. Click here for details on flexiPHY .
For non-commercial cellular applications including custom waveforms, customers can use Octasic’s Opus Development Kit (ODK). This low-level SDK provides all the necessary drivers and libraries to quickly build a custom wireless product.
The OCT2224W is highly integrated. It includes high-speed network interfaces as well as on-chip RF ports making it ideal for cost efficient small cell designs.
The OCT2224W is fully integrated with Octasic’s proprietary flexiPHY software that provides multi-standard cellular capabilities to developers. Find out more about flexiPHY.
High-performance Multi-core DSP
- 24 Opus2 DSP cores
- C programmable DSP
Hardware Acceleration Blocks (HABs)
- 6 dynamically reconfigurable Hardware Acceleration Blocks (HABs)
- Each HAB can perform the following functions:
- I/FFT, I/DFT, RACH, Search, Viterbi, Turbo, and CTC
ARM1176JZ-S Application Processor
- 500-MHz clock rate
- Support for 32-bit and 16-bit (Thumb® Mode) instructions
- 484-pin Ball Grid Array (BGA) package, 1.0mm pitch
- 4W typical power consumption
- Fully secure custom booting capability
- RF Transceiver Clock Synchronization Unit
- Clock Synchronization Unit
- One 4x (or two 1x) Serial RapidIO Links, v1.3 compliant
- One 1x PCIe link 2.5 Gbps, v1.1 or v2 compliant
- Four Ethernet MACs with parallel and SGMII modes
- Three Parallel Interface (PIF) ports. Supported protocols include:
- JESD207 digital converter interface for RF transceivers. Multiple ports can be combined for MIMO support
- Generic parallel interface to custom FPGA designs
- USB 2.0 ULPI Interface. High-/Full-Speed Host
- Flexible TDM interface
- Flash memory interfaces for ONFI NAND or Serial NOR Flash
- DSP Debug port
- Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC) Smart Card interface
- One Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART)
- One Generic Serial Interface (GSI)
- One Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) interface
- Configurable SPI, SSP, or MICROWIRE™ serial port
- General Purpose I/O (GPIO) pins
- IEEE-1149.1 (JTAGTM) Boundary Scan compatible
- 32-bit DDR3 Memory interface
- A single family of devices can be used for many applications across a broad range of wireless standards and capacities
- Lowest power fixed point DSP in the industry.
- State-of-the-art graphical software development environment optimized for multi-core architectures.
- Flexible multi-standard Hardware Accelerators can be reprogrammed for future standard revisions.
- Complete integrated solution for a UMTS and LTE Small Cell BTS and Enterprise Femtocell.
- Multiple devices can be interconnected to build a Macro BTS baseband sub-system.
- 3 direct Radio IQ interfaces can support multiple radio interfaces separately or concurrently.
|OCT2224WE-BCNB||24 core OCT2224W device||Information Request|
All devices are RoHS compliant.