The OCTBTS 4000 is ideal for OEMs who are looking to fill a gap in their product portfolio by getting a complete solution to market with minimal engineering resource, time, and risk.
The OCTBTS 4000 platform includes two Octasic OCT2224W SoCs and three Analog Devices radio transceivers, enabling simultaneous 2G, 3G, and 4G operation, as well as a network listen or scan mode for Self Organizing Network (SON) capabilities. Capacity ranges from 16 to 100 active users across multiple cellular standards.
A COM Express® module provides the Intel® architecture-based application processor. Depending application requirements, either an Intel Atom™ processor or an Intel Core™ class processor can be selected. On-board wideband indoor power amplifiers can be used to drive external higher power front end modules for outdoor use, or can be disabled to reduce power consumption.
The OCTBTS 4000 is fully integrated with Octasic’s OCT2224W and proprietary flexiPHY software that provides multi-standard cellular capabilities to developers. Find out more about flexiPHY.
- Size: 170 mm x 170 mm
- Power consumption: 25W to 45W depending on mode combination and capacity
- DSP: Octasic OCT2224W Baseband SoC
- CPU: COM Express module with choice of Intel Atom™ processor or Intel Core™ processor
- RF: 700MHz to 2.7GHz
- Supports 2G, 3G, 4G standards
- 2x2 MIMO
- Dual MIMO radios (TDD & FDD)
- Third radio for Network Listen mode
- PCIe expansion slot for WiFi a/b/g/n or other PCIe modules
- 1GbE LAN
- 1GbE WAN
- Very low power consumption makes it possible to use Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Dual radios enable concurrent multi-band or multi-standard support
- Third radio can be used in listen mode (for SON) while other radios are active
- Each radio supports 2x2 MIMO for HSPA+ and LTE
- Using the included GPS in conjunction with OCT2224W synchronization capabilities provides reliable timing and replaces the use of expensive oscillators
- Frequency agile cellular and macro listen capabilities from 700 MHz to 2.7 GHz.
- Wi-Fi can be used either for local access point or for backhaul with neighboring small cells and macro cells.
- Outdoor small cell base stations with full mobility and extended range
- Deployable wireless networks for Emergency, Public Safety, and Tactical use
- Man-portable, vehicle-mounted, and airborne base stations for tactical and search & rescue use
- Embedded communications systems on UAVs and remotely-controlled vehicles
- Custom waveforms and mesh networks
- Portable network analyzers and UE testers
- Self-contained Network-in-a-Box (NIB)
- Enterprise small cell base station
|OCTBTS4013-REEE||One OCT2224W SoC, 1 RF modules, COM Express module with Intel Atom processor N2600||Information Request|
|OCTBTS4014-RERE||Two OCT2224W SoCs, 2 RF modules, COM Express module with Intel Atom processor N2600||Information Request|
The OCTBTS 4000 is RoHS compliant.