The OCT2224M is part of the OCT2200 series of devices, targeted at media processing, including both audio and video.
The OCT2224M is a System-on-Chip (SoC) device based on Octasic’s high-performance Opus2 DSP core. This highly integrated device provides high-speed interfaces, and an optional on-chip application processor, making it ideal for Wireline & wireless gateways, video telecom infrastructure, video conferencing systems and IP PBXs.
- A single family of devices can be used for many applications across a broad range of capacities
- Lowest power fixed point DSP in the industry
- SoC architecture offers highest density solution available
- State-of-the-art graphical software development environment optimized for multi-core architectures
- Simultaneously support 2 video channels of 1080p completely in software
- Support for any combination of video resolutions (1080p, 720p, D1, CIF)
- HD video transcoding latency below 60 ms.
- Hundreds of channels of audio transcoding
High-performance Multi-core DSP
- Up to 24 Opus2 DSP cores
- C programmable DSP
ARM1176JZ-S Application Processor (Optional)
- 500-MHz clock rate
- Support for 32-bit and 16-bit (Thumb® Mode) instructions
- TrustZone™ security extensions
- Two x1 or one x4 Serial RapidIO Links, v1.3 compliant
- One PCIe x1 link 2.5 Gbps, v1.1 compliant
- Four Ethernet MACs with parallel and SGMII modes
- 3 Parallel Interface (PIF) ports. Supported protocols include:
- Multiple BT.656 & BT.1120 video capture/display
- Generic parallel interface to glue logic
- USB 2.0 ULPI Interface. High-/Full-Speed Host
- Flexible TDM interface
- Flash memory interfaces for NAND or Serial NOR Flash
- 32-bit DDR2/3 Memory interface
Octasic offers a complete set of development tools for the OCT2200 series of devices. Opus Studio, an integrated development environment (IDE), provides the necessary tools for code editing, compiling, simulation, debugging, and profiling. Octasic also provides a real-time kernel and RTOS services upon which embedded applications can rapidly be developed.
Octasic provides hardware development platforms to evaluate performance and begin development.
|Part Number||Name||Product Brief|
|OCTVOC2-EB||OCT2224M Evaluation board for Vocallo MGW – Ethernet/TDM only||Download|
|OCTVOC2-TEB||OCT2224M Telecom evaluation board for Vocallo MGW – Ethernet/TDM/T1E1/POTS/CODECs|
All devices are RoHS.
|OCT2224ME-BCNB||24 core device|
|OCT2224ME-BCAB||24 core device with ARM11 processor|
Go to Opus, Octasic’s DSP Core Technology.