The OCT2224W is part of the OCT2200 series of devices, targeted at wireless baseband processing for Basestations (BTS).
The OCT2224W is a System-on-Chip (SoC) device based on Octasic’s high-performance Opus2 DSP core. This highly integrated device provides high-speed interfaces, and an optional on-chip application processor, making it ideal for Wireless and Cellular BTS of all sizes and all standards.
- A single family of devices can be used for many applications across a broad range of capacities.
- Lowest power fixed point DSP in the industry.
- State-of-the-art graphical software development environment optimized for multi-core architectures.
- Flexible multi-standard Hardware Accelerators can be reprogrammed for future standard revisions.
- Complete integrated solution for a UMTS and LTE Small Cell BTS and Enterprise Femtocell in a 3 W budget.
- Multiple devices can be interconnected to build a performance Macro BTS baseband sub-system.
- 3 direct Radio IQ interfaces can support multiple radio interface separately or concurrently.
High-performance Multi-core DSP
- Up to 24 Opus2 DSP cores.
- C programmable DSP.
- Up to six Hardware Accelerators support all cellular and wireless standards (GSM, EDGE, CDMA1x, CDMA EV-DO, UMTS, HSPA, WiMAX, and LTE).
ARM1176JZ-S Application Processor (Optional)
- 500-MHz clock rate.
- Support for 32-bit and 16-bit (Thumb® Mode) instructions.
- TrustZone™ security extensions.
- Two x1 or one x4 Serial RapidIO Links, v1.3 compliant.
- One PCIe x1 link 2.5 Gbps, v1.1 compliant.
- Four Ethernet MACs with parallel and SGMII modes.
- 3 Parallel Interface (PIF) ports. Supported protocols include:
- JESD207 compliant parallel IQ radio interface with FDD, TDD, MIMO modes.
- Generic parallel interface to glue logic.
- USB 2.0 ULPI Interface. High-/Full-Speed Host.
- Flexible TDM interface.
- Flash memory interfaces for NAND or Serial NOR Flash.
- 32-bit DDR2/3 Memory interface.
Octasic offers a complete set of development tools for the OCT2200 series of devices. Opus Studio, an integrated development environment (IDE), provides the necessary tools for code editing, compiling, simulation, debugging, and profiling. Octasic also provides a real-time kernel and RTOS services upon which embedded applications can rapidly be developed.
Octasic provides hardware development platforms to evaluate performance and begin development.
|OCT2224W-SEB||OCT2224W SDR Evaluation Board|
All devices are RoHS.
|OCT2224WE-FSTN||24 core device|
|OCT2224WE-FSTA||24 core device with ARM11 processor|
Using a complete radio sub-system from Analog Devices Inc, Octasic has designed a platform which is based on the ADF4602 multi-band 3G Femtocell transceiver and the latest low power broadband MxFE convertor. Read press release
Octasic has partnered with Radisys (previously Continuous Computing) to integrate their respective “Small Cell” products to enable equipment providers to rapidly produce Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) Femtocells and Picocells. Read press release
Go to Octasic’s Opus DSP Core Technology.