Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communications. We provide state-of-the-art integration software, and hardware platforms for worldwide mobile wireless solutions. Octasic has offices worldwide and continues to expand.
Why choose Octasic?
- It is a workplace at the cutting edge of technology, allowing you to meet wireless technology experts in a growing company.
- Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock option purchase program, reimbursement for public transit, showers on the premises, and complimentary beverages and snacks every day)
- Work-family balance (flexible schedule, possibility of working remotely, etc.).
- Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
- Octasic is a company involved in its community
- Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Director of Information Systems, the business analyst is responsible for acting as a link between departments in order to understand, analyze, communicate, validate business rules and help resolve application issues. They will actively participate in all activities relating to the implementation and improvement of our integrated management solutions.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Define Octasic’s business needs
- Proceed to collect business intelligence
- Analyze requirements related to business needs and ensure follow up
- Analyze and model business processes
- Participate in the planning of management information systems
- Communicate business requirements, operational and functional requirements, to the development teams
- Train and support users during the implementation of solutions
- Participate in quality control activities
- University degree in a technology-related field or a combination of a college diploma and relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business analysis
- Good knowledge of concepts and information systems (ERP, CRM)
- Master the methods of analyzing organizational processes
- Possess good writing skills (English & French)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both spoken and written
- Must have analytical skills and be able to synthesize the information
- Ability to communicate internally the benefits of required changes and initiate them
- Listening skills and good interpersonal skills
- Customer-centric approach, focused on action and results
- Speed in resolving problems and situations
- Ability to work in a team, but also capable of demonstrating autonomy
Want to become our newest team member? Email us: email@example.com