Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communications. We provide state-of-the-art integration software, and hardware platforms for worldwide mobile wireless solutions. Octasic has offices worldwide and continues to expand.
Why choose Octasic?
- It is a workplace at the cutting edge of technology, allowing you to meet wireless technology experts in a growing company.
- Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock option purchase program, reimbursement for public transit, showers on the premises, and complimentary beverages and snacks every day)
- Work-family balance (flexible schedule, possibility of working remotely, etc.).
- Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
- Octasic is a company involved in its community.
- Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Contract / Orders Director
Under the direction of the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the individual is responsible for the review and preparation of contracts and other legal documents to ensure that Octasic’s interests are protected. The incumbent will work closely with various internal clients to conclude agreements with strategic clients and partners.
- Create, prepare, review and edit all contracts with customers, subcontractors, distributors, and strategic partners
- Ensure the organization’s internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained
- Meet with customers to discuss both legal and business matters
- Provide advice and guidance to the different teams relating to contract generation
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients to ensure their needs are met
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement these changes
- Manage the purchase orders, as well as coordinate with Finance and Production
- Manage customers’ requests
- Supervise, coach, and assist the Purchase Orders team
- Work with inside/outside Counsel on corporate litigation matters
- Improvement of legal procedures and drafting of corporate policies; Respond to compliance requests concerning banking and corporate affairs (KYC, anti-bribery, etc)
- Advise internal customers on risk and compliance matters (ie. customs, insurance, marketing, contract execution, etc.)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Sales, Legal, Finance, and Operations) in order to resolve legal and business challenges
- Assist the Management team in making business decisions while providing contract interpretations and guidance to internal business teams to ensure compliance with contractual requirements
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology; Relevant experience in corporate law
- Comfortable working as part of a multidimensional team
- Experience with Canadian government agencies (PSPC, CCC), US Federal agencies (DoD, DHS, DOJ, etc.), and other international government agencies
- Exemplify strong attention to detail
- Experience in supervising a team
- Sound judgment with the ability to balance legal risk and business impact in a fast-paced environment
- Possess superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines; Detail-oriented, organized, proactive, efficient, and resourceful with exceptional follow-through skills
- Previous experience working with contract regulations, the related laws are strongly preferred
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English
Want to become our newest team member? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org