Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
• A workplace at the cutting edge of technology to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company
• Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises and beverages and snacks free every day)
• Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.)
• Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
• Working for a company involved in its community
• Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking for an:
As an Electronics Assembler, you will be part of Octasic’s production. The incumbent performs product assembly, welding and inspection to ensure that Octasic products meet quality standards.
Your daily life:
• Soldering electronic parts (SMT or T/H), according to standards
• Make modifications according to requests from engineering teams (wires, parts, trace cuts, etc.).
• Make mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies from drawings (eg: integrate electronic boards into the case, into the finished product, etc.)
• Inspect electronic boards
• Inspect mechanical assemblies
• At least 3 years of experience in hand soldering SMT and T/H components on printed circuit boards
• Have experience in mechanical assembly and the use of tightening tools (eg: torque wrench)
• Know how to read a mechanical or electronic drawing, depending on the work to be done
• Be meticulous and precise, have good dexterity
• Prioritise the quality
• Be autonomous and have a good team spirit
• Understanding of French and English, spoken and written