The embedded software developer will work in the Media Gateway software development team.
As a software developer you will design, develop and maintain a software library (SDK) mainly composed of voice/video codecs, multimedia processing algorithms and audio/video network protocols for DSP-based applications.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Design/optimization of voice/video codecs and multimedia processing algorithms on the Octasic’s next generation DSPs.
- Definition of customer-facing APIs
- Involvement in the quality assurance, maintenance and documentation of the software library (SDK).
- Third party solutions analysis, comparative performance measurements and competitive solutions analysis.
- Bachelor degree in computer or electrical engineering, or an equivalent degree;
- Up to 3 years of working experience (internship and/or permanent job) including:
- Software development in voice/video processing algorithms;
- Real-time software development
- Embedded software development
- Programming experience: C/C++, assembly language, real time programming;
- Comfortable in oral French and English, good writing skills in English
- Abilities to develop optimized code and assembly code, an asset;
- Programming experience on DSP or embedded systems, an asset;
- Understanding of voice/video over IP transport, an asset;
- Voice processing and voice codec (EVS, AMR, EVRC, Silk) knowledge, an asset.