Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide state-of-the-art integrate software, and hardware platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless solution. Octasic has office worldwide and continues to expanse.
We choose Octasic for:
- A workplace at the cutting edge of technology to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company.
- Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises, and beverages and snacks free every day).
- Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.).
- Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long.
- Working for a company involved in its community.
- Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station).
We are currently looking for an:
Low-Level Software and Compiler Developer
Join the team that creates Opus Studio, an integrated development environment (IDE) that also includes optimizing C/C++ compilers and the operating system (micro-kernel) for Octasic’s multi-core digital signal processors platform.
We create and maintain tools and libraries that enable software developers using our platform to develop complex digital signal processing applications.
We are looking for an exceptional software developer with an interest in compilers and embedded systems to help us create tools that enable developers to fully utilize the capabilities of our platform and gain actionable insight into their application’s behavior and performance.
- High level of C and C++ programming expertise.
- Experience in analyzing benchmarks and application performance.
- Passion for developing optimizing compilers for modern architectures.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture and micro-architecture.
As part of the Software Development Tools Team your tasks will include:
- Application and benchmark performance analysis.
- Development of compiler optimizations in LLVM’s optimizers and code generators.
- Tool, library and micro-kernel development.
You will also design embedded software and development tools that will help developers maximize the performance and fully exploit the capabilities of our digital signal processors. Your work will impact all applications developed on our platform.
You have excellent communication and teamwork skills to be able to interact and engage effectively with your teammates and a variety of R&D teams: silicon design, system development, customer support, etc.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 5 years of software development experience.
Nice to have
- LLVM compiler, text parser, code generator, or optimization experience.
- Experience working with embedded products.
- A link to a portfolio or examples of your previous work (if possible).