Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communications. We provide state-of-the-art integration software, and hardware platforms for worldwide mobile wireless solutions. Octasic has offices worldwide and continues to expand.
Why choose Octasic?
- It is a workplace at the cutting edge of technology, allowing you to meet wireless technology experts in a growing company.
- Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock option purchase program, reimbursement for public transit, showers on the premises, and complimentary beverages and snacks every day)
- Work-family balance (flexible schedule, possibility of working remotely, etc.).
- Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
- Octasic is a company involved in its community.
- Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Physical Layer DSP Developer
As a Physical Layer DSP Developer in the Wireless Software Radio team, you will work on Wireless Protocol Systems (3G, 4G, 5G) from Matlab reference models to optimized embedded C/ASM implementations. For the current System On Chip (SoC) generation, you will support the definition of the system requirements, explore and select algorithms, implement and validate PHY SW components in embedded C. You will also participate in the definition of the next generation SoC for signal processing tasks that will be performed in either SW and/or HW.
- Understand 3GPP System specifications and requirements;
- Develop and maintain PHY reference chain;
- Explore Receiver Algorithms in floating-point and compare performance;
- Convert algorithms in fixed-point C and tradeoff performance VS complexity;
- Port code to the target (fixed point embedded C);
- DSP Optimization (C/and assembler);
- Define & implement SW component unitary and sub-system test-benches to be used at all levels (from Matlab to optimized implementations);
- Assist the Validation team during product releases and conformance testing;
- Write and review technical documentation used internally and by customers.
- Knowledge of LTE 3GPP standard
- Good understanding of RF and HW components
- Strong ability to debug complex real-time systems involving SW and HW components
- Autonomous, organized, prone to take ownership
- Knowledge of FAPI and L1-L2 interface a plus
- Experience working in an agile software development environment is an asset
Want to become our newest team member? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org