Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
• A workplace at the cutting edge of technology to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company.
• Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises and beverages and snacks free every day)
• Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.).
• Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
• Working for a company involved in its community.
• Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking for an:
Physical Layer DSP Developer
As a Physical Layer DSP Developer in the Wireless Software Radio team, you will work on Wireless Protocol Systems (3G, 4G, 5G) from Matlab reference models to optimized embedded C/ASM implementations. For the current System On Chip (SoC) generation, you will support the definition of the system requirements, explore and select algorithms, implement and validate PHY SW components in embedded C. You will also participate in the definition of the next generation SoC for signal processing tasks that will be performed in either SW and/or HW.
• Understand 3GPP System specifications and requirements, including 5G/NR;
• Develop and maintain the PHY/L1 reference models;
• Explore Receiver Algorithms in floating-point and compare performance;
• Convert algorithms in fixed-point C and tradeoff performance VS complexity;
• Port code to the target (fixed point embedded C);
• DSP Optimization (C/and assembler);
• Define & implement SW component unitary and sub-system test-benches to be used at all levels (from Matlab to optimized implementations);
• Assist the validation team during product releases;
• Write and review technical documentation used internally and by customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering;
• Able to work efficiently in the following environments:
o Analysis tools and software : Matlab;
o Programming languages: C and/or assembly in DSP processors
• Knowledge of Digital Communications
• Knowledge of DSP architectures is an asset
• Work experience in wireless protocol implementations is an asset;
• Good English writing skills and oral English are required; bilingual (French-English) is an asset;
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
Soft Skills Requirements:
• Motivated and meticulous;
• Self-sufficient and resourceful;
• Aptitudes to work and communicate within a team.