Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide, SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
- A workplace at the cutting edge of technology in a growing business and to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company;
- Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises and beverages and snacks free every day);
- Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.);
- Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
- Working for a company involved in its community;
- Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station).
We are currently looking for:
Project Manager and Agile Coach
Reporting to the VP Program Management, the Project Manager plays a pivotal role in managing the day-to-day activities of large-scale development projects spanning multiple sites and various hardware and software technologies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is well organized and a good communicator; you must be able to work at a fast pace with the development teams and customers.
Your daily life:
In conjunction with the engineering team, you will:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with PLM and communicate the requirements clearly to the development team
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities;
- Determine the objectives and measures (KPI) upon which the project will be evaluated
- Coordinate with multi-site development teams or external partners
Execute the development plan :
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Coordinate resources with the appropriate engineering managers
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Maintain an updated plan of record for all on-going activities in MPP, XLS or Atlassian tools
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders
- Review the quality of the work completed on a regular basis to ensure that it meets standards
- Collaborate with Production Engineering group to ensure proper handover of the product to operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related discipline required
- Experience in wireless products, ideally cellular;
- Experience in design or management of both hardware and software products;
- 5-8 years of experience planning and/or management experience;
- Very good communication skills, in French (read and spoken) and English (read, written and spoken);
- Very organized and detail-oriented;
- Strong abilities to identify, prevent and, when needed, solve problems;
- Strong leadership and change management skills.
You want to be part of our team? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.