Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communications. We provide state-of-the-art integration software, and hardware platforms for worldwide mobile wireless solutions. Octasic has offices worldwide and continues to expand.
Why choose Octasic?
- It is a workplace at the cutting edge of technology, allowing you to meet wireless technology experts in a growing company.
- Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock option purchase program, reimbursement for public transit, showers on the premises, and complimentary beverages and snacks every day)
- Work-family balance (flexible schedule, possibility of working remotely, etc.).
- Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
- Octasic is a company involved in its community.
- Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Reporting to the COO, the Project Manager plays a pivotal role in managing the day-to-day activities of large-scale development projects spanning multiple sites and various hardware and software technologies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is well organized and a good communicator; you must be able to work at a fast pace with the development teams and customers.
In conjunction with the Engineering and Operations teams, you will:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with PLM and communicate the requirements clearly to the development team
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities
- Determine the objectives and measures (KPI) upon which the project will be evaluated
- Coordinate with multi-site development teams or external partners
Execute the development plan:
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Coordinate resources with the appropriate engineering and operations managers
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Maintain an updated plan of record for all on-going activities
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders
- Review the quality of the work completed on a regular basis to ensure that it meets standards
- Collaborate with the New Product Introduction (NPI) group to ensure proper handover of the product to operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related discipline required
- Experience in wireless products, ideally cellular
- Experience in design or management of both hardware and software products
- Experience in managing projects from definition to production: design, validation, manufacturing, change management, etc.
- Experience with MS Project and Atlassian tools
- 5-8 years of experience planning and/or management experience
- Very good communication skills, in French (reading and spoken) and English (reading, written, and spoken)
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Strong abilities to identify, prevent and, when needed, solve problems
- Strong leadership and change management skills
Want to become our newest team member? Email us: email@example.com