Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide, SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
• A workplace at the cutting edge of technology in a growing business and to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company;
• Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises and beverages and snacks free every day);
• Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.);
• Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
• Working for a company involved in its community;
• Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station).
We are currently looking for:
Reporting to the COO, the Project Manager plays a pivotal role in managing the day-to-day activities of large-scale development projects spanning multiple sites and various hardware and software technologies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is well organized and a good communicator; you must be able to work at a fast pace with the development teams and customers.
Your daily life:
In conjunction with the engineering and operations teams, you will:
• Define the scope of the project in collaboration with PLM and communicate the requirements clearly to the development team
• Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed
• Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
• Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities;
• Determine the objectives and measures (KPI) upon which the project will be evaluated
• Coordinate with multi-site development teams or external partners
Execute the development plan :
• Execute the project according to the project plan
• Coordinate resources with the appropriate engineering and operations managers
• Develop forms and records to document project activities
• Maintain an updated plan of record for all on-going activities
• Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary
• Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders
• Review the quality of the work completed on a regular basis to ensure that it meets standards
• Collaborate with the New Product Introduction (NPI) group to ensure proper handover of the product to operations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related discipline required
• Experience in wireless products, ideally cellular;
• Experience in design or management of both hardware and software products;
• Experience is managing projects from definition to production: design, validation, manufacturing, change management, etc.
• Experience with MS Project and Atlassian tools
• 5-8 years of experience planning and/or management experience;
• Very good communication skills, in French (read and spoken) and English (read, written and spoken);
• Very organized and detail-oriented;
• Strong abilities to identify, prevent and, when needed, solve problems;
• Strong leadership and change management skills.
Want to join our growing team? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org