SENIOR NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION (NPI) TECHNICIAN
The senior new product introduction (NPI) technician provides support between the production development group and production. They ensure that new products can be manufactured in collaboration with material engineering and RF departments during the design phase, and develop hardware and software tools to manufacture and test products.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Support HW Engineering:
o Participate in design reviews for electronic boards.
o Participate in design reviews for mechanical modules/mechanical assembly.
• Develop and validate software tools (test sequences) and hardware (test stations) for production tests according to requirements provided.
• Create and maintain documentation related to test tools.
• Ensure the maintainability of test tools by carrying out regression tests.
o Validate existing tests for new versions of boards/existing products.
o Validate new testing procedures for boards/existing products.
• Support production (internal) through training and debugging.
o Including training production technicians for tools and testing procedures.
• All other related tasks within the NPI team.
Required technical skills and qualifications
• College diploma in electronics, or an equivalent
• About 15 years of experience in a similar position, or a combination of education and equivalent experience, with a minimum of:
o 5 years of experience in designing/testing electronic boards
o 3 years of experience in designing testing software and/or interfaces for electronic boards
• Experience with several of the following software: Python, NI Teststand, C, C ++, VB, SQL
• Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent knowledge of English and French, both oral and written
• Experience in RF an asset
• Experience with CAD tools (electronic) (Orcad, an asset)
Octasic Inc is one of the leading suppliers of SoC, software, and integrated software and hardware platforms for the global wireless and media gateway markets. Octasic’s integrated software and hardware platforms are complete systems. The company’s high-quality solutions are based on Opus, a low-energy asynchronous DSP architecture. Founded in 1998, Octasic is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with research and development facilities in Canada and India and a global sale support network. For more information, visit www.octasic.com.