Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide, SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
• A workplace at the cutting edge of technology where you are in contact with wireless technology experts, in a growing company.
• Competitive working conditions and compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, on-site shower and free beverages and snacks)
• Easier Work-family balance (flexible schedule, teleworking, etc.).
• A friendly and collaborative work atmosphere with many social activities all year long
• Work in a company that is involved in its community.
• Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus sector , 10 min. walk from Prefontaine metro station)
We are currently looking for:
Software Developer, Wireless Validation
As Software Developer in the Software Defined Radio team, you will work on the validation and conformance of our products, but you will also participate in the design, architecture definition, implementation, and integration of the 2G/2.5G (GSM, GPRS, EDGE, eEDGE), 3G (WCDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA), 4G (LTE) and 5G (NR) software solutions. You will closely work with the system and embedded software architects during the specification, implementation, and integration phases.
Your daily life:
• Design and implement libraries and testing tools
• Automation of tests and RF testing equipment
• Specify, implement and execute the complete baseband and front-end system validation and conformance plan according to the 3GPP specifications
• Write validation and conformance specifications in line with software architecture.
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience / related degree
• Strong desire for expansion of current skill set in a fast-paced work environment.
• Overall work experience: 5 years in software design and experience in software validation (1 year).
• Knowledge of 3GPP standards (5G, LTE, 3G, GSM )
• Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet)
• Knowledge of several scripting languages is a strong asset (bash, batch, PowerShell )
• Able to work efficiently in the following environments:
o Programming languages: C/C++
o Cellular validation procedures and 3GPP conformance testing
o Operating system : Linux, Windows
o Development tools: Microsoft Visual Studio
o Test equipment and tools (example: spectrum analyzer, channel simulator, oscilloscope, Wireshark, etc.)
o Tools CI/CD : Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, SVN, Bitbucket
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment