Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
• A workplace at the cutting edge of technology and to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company.
• Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises, beverages and free snacks every day).
• Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.).
• Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long.
• Working for a company involved in its community.
• Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station).
We are actively looking for a:
Technical Writer / Editor
The Technical Writer will work within the Engineering department and collaborate with other technical writers/editors to develop customer-facing documentation for cutting-edge hardware and software products.
The successful candidate will have outstanding written English, the ability to grasp complex technical concepts and processes, and the skill to explain them simply and clearly. You will learn how to install, configure, and operate wireless technologies (hardware and controlling software/GUI) to understand product capabilities, use cases, and workflows, and then write clear, usable documentation for non-technical end users. You will also review, edit, and maintain existing technical documentation to familiarize yourself with our products and technologies and to ensure that the documentation is clear and understandable to its intended audience.
Your daily life:
• Write, update, and review technical documents (user guides, installation guides, datasheets, among others), ensuring that they adhere to corporate standards
• Collaborate with the Engineering team to collect technical content in a timely manner
• Produce diagrams and illustrations
• Adhere to standards and processes in the preparation and release of customer documentation
• Provide status reports on documentation progress
• Perform other related duties as required
• University degree in Technical Writing, Communications, English, Engineering, or a technical field
• 3 years experience in a technical writing and/or technical training role
• Outstanding English language writing, editing, and communication skills
• Excellent research, interviewing, observation, and analytical skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to organize and structure information
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and adhere to tight timelines
In addition to your resume, please provide a writing sample, see the requirement below.
Candidates are requested to provide a 2-5 page sample of your technical writing (Microsoft Word document) and one or two technical diagrams that you have drawn. Along with the samples please provide a brief explanation that covers the following points:
• The context or purpose of the samples or of the document from which they were excerpted
• Who/what the samples were created for and approximately how long ago
• What software you used to draw the diagram(s)
• What were the challenges in producing these samples
• Anything else about the samples that you feel is relevant
If you are unable to submit samples with your application, please explain why.