Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
- A workplace at the cutting edge of technology to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company.
- Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises and beverages and snacks free every day)
- Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.).
- Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
- Working for a company involved in its community.
- Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking for an:
Wireless Validation Developer – Lab and Field
As a Wireless Validation Developer in the Base Station team, you will work on the validation of Octasic’s wireless products, in both lab and field environments. This is a highly autonomous position within the engineering team. You will be called upon to test and troubleshoot new features and product performance as well as develop the required tools to facilitate system level diagnostics.
Your knowledge of cellular standards from 2G to 5G will help you become a subject matter expert on customer use cases.
Responsibilities and duties
- Integrate, troubleshoot and verify new features in Octasic’s multi-RAT base station products.
- Work in a lab environment to define, prepare and run test plans.
- Travel to the field to execute the verification and regression test plans.
- Generate validation reports for internal and external use.
- Interact with multi-site development teams to perform root cause analysis and drive open issues to resolution.
Technical and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Work experience: 5 to 8 years in wireless validation including 1-3 years in field test of wireless terminal.
- Knowledge of several scripting languages (Python, Shell, etc.)
- Good English writing skills and oral English are required; oral French is also required.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Strong desire for expansion of current skillset in a fast-paced work environment.
- Motivated, organized and meticulous.
- Self-sufficient and resourceful.
- Aptitudes to work and communicate within a geographically distributed team.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols
- Knowledge or RF fundamentals is an asset.
- Experience on logging tools (ex. Qualcomm QXDM, QCAT).