If you have further questions about ordering a product licence or support subscription, please contact us and we'll be happy to follow up with you.
The Artesyn ATCA-8320 is a DSP-based media processing blade for use in AdvancedTCA systems. It offers a very high density of IP voice and video transcoding, including H.264 at up to 1080p, for use in communications applications.
By employing efficient Octasic OCT2224M Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) to provide the transcoding functions, the ATCA-8320 media processing blade can take the place of many additional server blades when adding voice or video processing to an application.
The blade can be used as an offload function for a standard server blade, or it can be used as a standalone media processing function. In addition to the DSPs, the ATCA-8320 blade features an integrated multi-core CPU to provide advanced IP flow management and distribution, and a mobile x86 CPU for local application hosting. This “Gateway on a Blade” architecture allows a high degree of scalability from very small systems up to very large.
- PICMG® 3.1 compliant single slot Option 9 AdvancedTCA blade
- Up to 24 power-efficient Octasic OCT2224M DSPs on two mezzanine sites
- Comprehensive voice and video processing firmware and programming interface
- 8-core Freescale QorIQ P4080 for blade management plus packet processing and load balancing of IP streams
- Dual core Intel® Core™ i7 processor for local control and management application
- Local Ethernet switching network with full switch management utilities
- Rear transition module supports 10G + 4 x 1G Ethernet cable terminations
- Designed for NEBS Level 3 and ETSI telecom standards compliance in a CP-TA
The ATCA-8320 is fully integrated with Octasic’s proprietary Vocallo MGW which provides a complete audio & video transcoding, conferencing, VQE and echo cancellation solution with minimal engineering time required for integration. Find out more about Vocallo MGW!
This board is particularly suited to the following applications:
- Session Border Controller
- Carrier Class Media Gateway
- Media Servers / Media Resource Function
- Mobile Video Optimization (transcoding and transrating)
- Video Communications and Conferencing Server
- Interactive Voice and Video Response System
- Carrier-grade transcoding in industry standard ATCA form factor
- High channel density & scalability for over 16,000 channels of G.729AB – G.711 transcoding
- High channel density & scalability for over 72 HD video channels of encoding
- Packet based API for simplified management of the DSPs