If you have further questions about ordering a product licence or support subscription, please contact us and we'll be happy to follow up with you.
The OCT2224M member of the OCT2200 family of devices is targeted at media processing systems including Carrier Class Media Gateways, IP PBX, Session Border Controllers, and Video Conferencing MCUs.
The OCT2224M is a System-on-Chip (SoC) built to perform high-density media processing at a fraction of the power of competing devices. With a nominal power consumption of 4 watts, the OCT2224M can transcode hundreds of audio streams or multiple HD video streams.
High-performance multi-core DSP
- Up to 24 Opus2 DSP cores.
- C-programmable DSP.
- Four Ethernet MACs with parallel and SGMII modes.
- Flexible TDM interface.
- 32-bit DDR3 memory interface.
- Two x1 or one x4 Serial RapidIO Links, v1.3 compliant.
- One PCIe x1 link 2.5 Gbps, v1.1 compliant.
- Three Parallel Interface (PIF) ports. Supported protocols include:
- Multiple BT.656 & BT.1120 interfaces for video capture/display.
- Generic parallel interface to glue logic.
- Flash memory interface.
The OCT2224M is fully integrated with Octasic’s proprietary Vocallo MGW which provides a complete transcoding, conferencing, VQE, and echo cancellation solution that requires minimal engineering time to get to market. Find out more about Vocallo MGW!
- Versatility: A single family of devices can be used for many applications across a broad range of capacities.
- Efficiency: Lowest power fixed-point DSP in the industry.
- Density: SoC architecture offers highest density solution available.
- Programmability: State-of-the-art graphical IDE available. Opus studio is optimized for multi-core architectures.
- Audio density: Transcoding of hundreds of simultaneous audio channels.
- Video density: Simultaneously support two 1080p video channels completely in software.
- Video versatility: Support for any combination of video resolutions (1080p, 720p, D1, CIF)
- Video quality: HD video transcoding latency below 60 ms.
- Carrier Class Media Gateway
- IP PBX
- Video Conferencing MCUs
- Video Transcoding
- Session Border Controller