Solution to Be Showcased at the Defence and Security Equipment International [DSEI] Event on September 15 – 18, 2015, London REDWOOD CITY, CA–(Marketwired – Sep 15, 2015) – Aricent today announced the availability of a self-contained LTE in a box solution with Octasic. The solution runs on all Octasic multi-mode Software Defined Radio platforms, including the single-radio…
If you have further questions about ordering a product licence or support subscription, please contact us and we'll be happy to follow up with you.
The OCT2224W is part of the OCT2200 series of devices, targeted at wireless baseband processing for Base Transceiver Stations (BTS).
The OCT2224W is a System-on-Chip (SoC) device optimized for GSM, HSPA and LTE baseband processing. It offers impressive power-efficiency consuming less than 5 watts while serving 64 users within a range of 20 km in HSPA.
OEMs can quickly develop multi-standard basestations thanks to the modular flexiPHY software that comes pre-integrated with the device. This software supports major 3GPP releases. Click here for details on flexiPHY .
For non-commercial cellular applications including custom waveforms, customers can use Octasic’s Opus Development Kit (ODK). This low-level SDK provides all the necessary drivers and libraries to quickly build a custom wireless product.
The OCT2224W is highly integrated. It includes high-speed network interfaces as well as on-chip RF ports making it ideal for cost efficient small cell designs.
High-performance Multi-core DSP
- 24 Opus2 DSP cores
- C programmable DSP
Hardware Acceleration Blocks (HABs)
- 6 dynamically reconfigurable Hardware Acceleration Blocks (HABs)
- Each HAB can perform the following functions:
- I/FFT, I/DFT, RACH, Search, Viterbi, Turbo, and CTC
ARM1176JZ-S Application Processor
- 500-MHz clock rate
- Support for 32-bit and 16-bit (Thumb® Mode) instructions
- 484-pin Ball Grid Array (BGA) package, 1.0mm pitch
- 4W typical power consumption
- Fully secure custom booting capability
- RF Transceiver Clock Synchronization Unit
- Clock Synchronization Unit
- One 4x (or two 1x) Serial RapidIO Links, v1.3 compliant
- One 1x PCIe link 2.5 Gbps, v1.1 or v2 compliant
- Four Ethernet MACs with parallel and SGMII modes
- Three Parallel Interface (PIF) ports. Supported protocols include:
- JESD207 digital converter interface for RF transceivers. Multiple ports can be combined for MIMO support
- Generic parallel interface to custom FPGA designs
- USB 2.0 ULPI Interface. High-/Full-Speed Host
- Flexible TDM interface
- Flash memory interfaces for ONFI NAND or Serial NOR Flash
- DSP Debug port
- Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC) Smart Card interface
- One Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART)
- One Generic Serial Interface (GSI)
- One Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) interface
- Configurable SPI, SSP, or MICROWIRE™ serial port
- General Purpose I/O (GPIO) pins
- IEEE-1149.1 (JTAGTM) Boundary Scan compatible
- 32-bit DDR3 Memory interface
The OCT2224W is fully integrated with Octasic’s proprietary flexiPHY software that provides multi-standard cellular capabilities to developers. Find out more about flexiPHY.
- A single family of devices can be used for many applications across a broad range of wireless standards and capacities
- Lowest power fixed point DSP in the industry.
- State-of-the-art graphical software development environment optimized for multi-core architectures.
- Flexible multi-standard Hardware Accelerators can be reprogrammed for future standard revisions.
- Complete integrated solution for a UMTS and LTE Small Cell BTS and Enterprise Femtocell.
- Multiple devices can be interconnected to build a Macro BTS baseband sub-system.
- 3 direct Radio IQ interfaces can support multiple radio interfaces separately or concurrently.
All devices are RoHS compliant.