If you have further questions about ordering a product licence or support subscription, please contact us and we'll be happy to follow up with you.
Opus Studio is a complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that provides a visual framework to accelerate the development of embedded applications. It enables graphical project configuration, code editing, compiling, profiling, and debugging tools.
- Full-featured: Optimizing C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, profiler, code coverage, post-mortem debugging (dumps), sanitizers, annotated disassembly, and more!
- Built for multi-core: Parallel debug capabilities for inter-core visualization
- Efficient: Custom kernel ensures low-overhead inter-process and inter-thread communication
- Modern: Provides a fluid editing experience including developer-favorites like symbol navigation (Peek Definition, Find All References), automatic variable renaming, semantic symbol completion, parameter info, quick info on hover, and robust incremental builds
Develop High Performance Applications Quickly
Opus Studio seamlessly integrates a powerful, standards-compliant C/C++ compiler. The compiler delivers industry-leading performance on standard DSP benchmarks. This accelerates development by leaving a larger portion of the software in plain C or C++, while exposing hardware intrinsics where explicit control is required.
Octasic provides a robust real-time operating system (RTOS) kernel. This royalty-free kernel allows developers to focus on their value-added application, not the nuts-and-bolts required to build a system. Also provided are a high-quality C/C++ library implementation, including a POSIX-compliant threading system, as well as drivers for the on-chip hardware accelerators.
Opus Studio supports rapid prototyping using Octasic’s Evaluation Boards. Communication is done via gigabit Ethernet, eliminating the need for expensive 3rd party connectors, cables, and pods. Launch multi-megabyte applications in a fraction of a second. See processes, exceptions, remote memory contents, registers, interactive disassembly, and standard I/O (printf) directly in the IDE. Attach to targets as needed and dump running processes for offline inspection.
Profiling and Tracing
Opus Studio’s profiler and tracing capabilities help quickly identify bottlenecks. Sort functions by inclusive and exclusive time taken, and, with the help of the code coverage feature, see which branches are taken and how many times each loop iterates.
Build with Ease
Build and run directly from the command line for simple continuous integration. Test executables can be automatically launched in parallel across all DSP cores to significantly accelerate regression suites. Run thousands of tests in seconds!
Opus Studio enables developers to build software for the world’s most power-efficient DSPs, with applications ranging from media codecs, to software-defined radio, to AI inference, and beyond.
Opus Studio runs on Microsoft Windows 10.
- Minimum hardware: Dual-core CPU, 2 GB RAM