If you have further questions about ordering a product licence or support subscription, please contact us and we'll be happy to follow up with you.
Vocallo MGW is a complete Media Gateway firmware that runs on Octasic’s multi-core DSPs. It offers complete audio & video transcoding, mixing and conferencing capabilities. It also includes Octasic’s best in industry Echo Cancellation (EC) and Voice Quality Enhancement (VQE) with noise reduction, level control and acoustic echo cancellation.
Through the use Vocallo MGW’s extensive API, developers can quickly and easily prototype, develop and deploy their application. The API architecture is designed to map simply onto both SIP and MEGACO (H.248) schemes.
Combining Vocallo MGW with Octasic hardware reduces system cost by delivering the lowest power per channel. Furthermore, Vocallo’s innovative license key system allows for optimal pricing scalability across many channel densities.
Vocallo offers a complete suite of features and focuses on reduced system cost, low power, and high density solutions making it the obvious choice for new products as well as cost-optimized redesigns.
- Field proven IMS-MGW and IP/PBX implementations
- Easy to use packet-based API
- Designed for HD video and wideband audio (HD audio)
- Support for advanced video applications through API-controlled compositing
- Scalable channel capacity and pricing
- Robust Video Solution for IP networks, both fixed and mobile
- Fully supported production grade releases with strong feature roadmap
|OCT1010||SoC with 15 Opus1 DSP cores||
|OCT2224M||SoC with 24 Opus2 DSP cores||
|TXP2000||PCIe card with up to 12 OCT2224M DSPs||
|ATCA-8320||ATCA blade with 24 OCT2224M DSPs||
The Vocallo MGW software delivers a full VoIP implementation including echo cancellation, codec and tone processing, an adaptive jitter buffer and RTP/UDP/IP encapsulation. Beyond these basic functions, there is full support for T.38, SRTP, RTCP and other more advanced protocols.
- Easy to use Packet-Based API The Vocallo MGW firmware is controlled by a packet-based API. This API allows the user to create, configure and control virtual objects that form an audio path. This model maps very easy to the user’s SIP or MEGACO-based application.
- Designed for Wideband Vocallo MGW is designed for wideband (HD audio) from the ground up. It supports a broad range of wideband codecs, including G.722, G.722.1 and AMR-WB. The system automatically up-samples and down-samples as needed when connecting to a narrow-band leg. Similarly, conferencing that includes both wideband and narrowband participants will mix accordingly, offering the best possible quality to the wideband-enabled participants.
- Echo Cancellation and VQE Solutions for Echo Cancellation and Voice Quality Enhancement are highly complex and hard to perfect for all network scenarios. One hundred million lines in networks worldwide rely on Octasic’s carrier-recognized EC and VQE solutions. They surpass the most stringent ITU standards to deliver leading voice quality and a transparent user experience.
- Low Latency Processing Vocallo is designed to process audio connections with minimum latency. When performing audio transcoding, the packet-based software architecture performs the transcoding in the packet domain, eliminating the delays caused by TDM hair-pinning.
- Strong Roadmap The Vocallo MGW feature set continues to evolve. Customers can obtain regular updates with these new features. As new codec standards or protocols emerge, they are added to Vocallo MGW.
- Scalable Channel Capacity Vocallo MGW software runs on Octasic DSPs that provide capacities from 16 channels to hundreds of channels per device. This means that an OEM can create a scalable product line using a single hardware and software design. Octasic offers the highest channel capacities in the industry, while maintaining the lowest power consumption per channel of any solution, as low as 200 channels per Watt.
- Advanced Video Applications Vocallo MGW supports applications such as 3G-324M, Interactive Voice Video Response (IVVR), video-conferencing and video-enabled services with capabilities such as real-time video transcoding, video transrating, and video conferencing.The Vocallo MGW API integrates H.263, MPEG-4, MPEG-2 and H.264 codecs and several real-time video processing functions. Vocallo MGW also provides sophisticated mixing capabilities. Up to 16 layers can be assembled in real-time to create IVVR menus, Picture-in-Picture (PIP) or branded video streams. Each layer can be a video stream, an image, color box, or text. When applying the layer, the user can dynamically control the size, position, luma key and opacity.
- Robust Video Solution for Today’s Networks Vocallo MGW video codecs have been designed to address the unique challenges of delivering quality video on error-prone and bandwidth-constrained wireless networks. All codecs include error resilience and concealment techniques to minimize the effects of packet loss. The integration of voice and video on the same device allows Vocallo MGW to maintain perfect A/V synchronization. Octasic’s bit rate controller optimizes the trade-off between quality and bit rate. This provides the best possible image quality on bandwidth-constrained links such as those found in mobile networks. Vocallo MGW can therefore overcome situations such as network congestion while ensuring fluid playback.
Octasic offers software tools to accelerate development and debugging.
- Wireshark™ Plug-in This plug-in module for Wireshark™ interprets Vocallo MGW API command packets. Packet traces can be captured and recorded with Wireshark™ and then dissected by using the plug-in. The tool translates API packets into human-readable form and separates each field for easier debugging.
- LiveView This graphical tool interacts with active Vocallo MGW sessions and allows for browsing of all logical objects. API objects and their relationships can be navigated, viewed, and modified in real time.