All-in-one ruggedized mobile networking solution enables military and public safety professionals to deliver 4G/LTE, 3G and 2G networks for rapid ubiquitous coverage
HILLSBORO, OR, November 16, 2015 – Radisys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS), the services acceleration company, along with Octasic Inc. and Quortus, today announced its Multi-Radio Network-in-a-Box, a complete 4G/3G/2G network targeted for the military and public safety organizations. The joint solution enables the rapid deployment of an end-to-end LTE network in a compact, ruggedized form factor. To deliver a complete network, the Multi-Radio Network-in-a-Box integrates Radisys’ field-hardened CellEngine™ TOTALeNodeB™ LTE small cell software and Femtotality 3G small cell software with Octasic’s OCTBTS platforms and Quortus’ ECX Tactical virtualized EPC (Evolved Packet Core) solution.
Today’s battlefield on both land and in the air depends on proven, commercial communications technologies as a key strategy for military success. Combat soldiers need to understand surrounding situations and be able to react quickly to achieve strategic advantage. Similarly, in a disaster scenario public safety organizations also need to be able to quickly deploy a secure and reliable mobile communications network to support response efforts.
The Multi-Radio Network-in-a-Box enables the military and public safety professionals to rapidly deploy a complete portable network anywhere, whether in a UAV, a vehicle or a backpack. By providing support for 4G/LTE, 3G and 2G air interfaces, the solution supports communications in remote regions and permits the use of any standard handset. Furthermore, the network can support up to 32 active users by leveraging LTE technology.
The Multi-Radio Network-in-a-Box is available today. Contact email@example.com for pricing information.
- “As the leaders in small cell software with more than 80 deployments worldwide, we’re skilled at working with any organization that needs reliable, secure and portable communications technology. We’re excited about this new Multi-Radio Network-in-a-Box that encompasses Octasic’s value proposition to deliver base stations that meet the military’s strict size, weight and power requirements and adds Quortus’ virtualized core for a complete end-to-end LTE network solution.”
o Tom McQuade, general manager, CellEngine and Trillium Software, Radisys
- “This integrated multi-standard base station, available for all OCTASIC’s BTS platforms, provides unique efficiency and portability, meeting our customers’ demands for flexible, lightweight complete cellular solutions. Radisys’ award-winning small cell software combined with Quortus’ best-of-breed core network technology and Octasic’s miniaturized SDR base stations provide our customers with access to turnkey small cell solutions enabling coverage, worldwide flexibility and capacity that meet their needs.”
o Michel Laurence, Executive Chairman, Octasic
- “Our ECX Tactical solution is specifically designed to meet the needs of military and public safety organizations, delivering the ability to support 4G, 3G and 2G networks either standalone or with core network reach-back – and with features required by critical communications networks, including high reliability voice, multicast/broadcast connectivity, in-session mobility, relay-station functionality and ad-hoc node meshing. This partnership with Radisys and Octasic furthers our ability to deliver a working network anywhere in the world, while driving down costs and integration complexity.”
o Andy Odgers, CEO, Quortus
Multi-Radio Network-in-a-Box Technology Details
- Radisys’ TOTALeNodeB LTE small cell and Femtotality 3G/HSPA+ femtocell protocol software and applications
o Delivers complete turnkey 4G/LTE and 3G small cell solutions
o Enables Application, RRM, SON, OA&M, Timing functionality and the underlying protocol stacks
- Octasic’s OCTBTS family of base station platforms
o Offers ready-to-deploy Software Defined Radio (SDR) systems powered by the OCT2224W small cell system-on-a-chip (SoC)
o Supports a wide range of frequencies between 400 MHz and 6 GHz
o Incorporates Octasic’s flexiPHY software suite for 4G, 3G and 2G cellular standards
- Quortus’ ECX Tactical virtualized core
o Supports 4G, 3G and 2G radio networks
o Includes an embedded lightweight IMS core to allow support for VoLTE calls without the need for an external IMS (IP multimedia subsystem)
o Provides all of the functions required of a 3GPP 4G EPC, specifically the MME, SGW, PGW, PCRF and HSS
o Supports critical communications features such as in-session mobility, multicast/broadcast and node meshing
o Provides scalability from embedded single channel devices to thousands of simultaneous media sessions
Radisys helps communications and content providers, and their strategic partners, create new revenue streams and drive cost out of their services delivery infrastructure. Radisys’ service aware traffic distribution platforms, real-time media processing engines and wireless access technologies enable its customers to maximize, virtualize and monetize their networks. For more information about Radisys please visit www.radisys.com.
Octasic Inc. is a leading provider of SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets. Our hardware/software platforms are full-featured systems that allow developers to reduce costs, de-risk their projects, accelerate time to market, and focus engineering resources on their specific areas of expertise. The company’s high-quality solutions are based on Opus, a power-efficient asynchronous DSP architecture. Founded in 1998, Octasic is a private company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with R&D facilities in India and a worldwide sales support network. For more information, please visit https://www.octasic.com.
Quortus enables flexible, agile mobile communications networks that provide a foundation for innovative services tailored to a diverse range of end customers. Its award winning EdgeCentrix (ECX) virtualized mobile core solutions help increase operator margin and ‘stickiness’. They interwork gracefully with existing mobile networks, with small cell and HetNet architectures and with standard IT infrastructure, to create truly integrated communications platforms. Quortus’ ECX products are highly scalable and can be hosted anywhere – in the cloud, at the network edge, or deeply embedded alongside a cellular radio in a single-chip implementation.
The vision is a mobile network that delivers more: for enterprises that demand truly integrated corporate IT and communications; for MNOs, MVNOs and MVNEs seeking service differentiation; for first response and public safety teams that need secure coverage everywhere they go; and for the global population not yet served by conventional mobile networks.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.