Sales and customer support specialist, Wireless
As part of this position, you will be responsible for pre-sales and customer support for the business segment growing at Octasic; our wireless platforms for base stations. You will accompany customers throughout the development cycle of their products, ranging from design to integration and testing phases. You will also be responsible for customer demonstrations and training sessions. Interactions with customers will be via our portal and by telephone, in addition to visits to their offices.
- Provide technical support to Octasic’s clients. To do so, a thorough knowledge of the following components is essential:
- The hardware and electronic components of our OCTBTS boards and systems (DSP, ARM controller, power amplifiers, etc.)
- Embedded software FlexiPHY L1 PHY, stack (L2 / L3) and core (GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA, LTE)
- Our embedded development environment for our OCT2224W DSP.
- Train customers to integrate and use Octasic products.
- Assist the sales team in customer meetings with technical demonstrations and presentations.
- Assist with coordination between sales, engineering and product management teams to deliver products that meet customer requirements and deadlines.
- Participate in writing and reviewing technical documentation used by clients.
- Attend trade shows and conferences with the sales team
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science.
- Strong knowledge of wireless protocols and standards
- Experience of at least 5 years as an embedded software developer, application engineer or similar
- Experience in the design of wireless base stations, including system architecture, hardware and software development, testing phases and field deployment.
- Experience with one of the following technologies: UMTS/HSPA, LTE, GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Experience with C/C ++, embedded programming language, MSVC, GCC, debugging, software emulators, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux.
- Familiar with electronic equipment, radio frequency transmitters and power amplifiers.
- Excellent knowledge of French and English, oral and written.
- Good team player, ambitious, autonomous, quickly learns
- Good interpersonal skills
- Available for international travel about 25% of the time, sometimes with short notice.