Founded in 1998, Octasic is a leading worldwide provider of systems and complete solutions in advanced communication. We provide SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets.
We choose Octasic for:
• A workplace at the cutting edge of technology to be in contact with wireless technology experts in a growing company.
• Competitive compensation (salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, stock options purchase program, public transit reimbursement, shower on the premises and beverages and snacks free every day)
• Work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.).
• Friendly and collaborative work atmosphere and many social activities all year long
• Working for a company involved in its community.
• Proximity to various public transportation services (Angus Shuttle, 10 min. walk from Prefontaine station)
We are currently looking for an:
As a hardware designer, you will participates to all steps of electronic circuit development process, including architecture, schematics, layout, validation and documentation. You will also provide support to the Production and NPI teams as well as for the Customer Support team.
Your daily life:
• Participate in new hardware designs from concept to mass production;
• Gather and identify component level requirements; functional as well as physical characteristics.
• Develop embedded and electronic designs using schematic capture.
• Oversee PCB layout, in consideration of component placement, shielding and thermal dissipation.
• Participate in system bring-up and debugging
• Write and execute low-level software tests to validate hardware design
• Support product introduction to manufacturing
• Maintain existing designs; mitigating production issues such as obsolescence, material changes, etc.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum work experience of 3 years related to digital and analog circuit development
• Experience with complex high speed electronic circuit design
• Experience with C programming and scripting using Python
• Good English oral and writing skills. Oral French is required.
• Strong debugging skills using oscilloscope, autonomous and rigorous.
• Familiar with the following lab equipment: RF signal and network analyzers
• Knowledge of cellular technologies (GSM, UMTS, LTE, …)
• Wireless RF design experience