Octasic Inc. is a leading provider of SoCs, software, and integrated hardware/software platforms for the worldwide mobile wireless and media processing markets. Octasic’s hardware/software platforms are full-featured systems. The company’s high-quality solutions are based on Opus, a power-efficient asynchronous multi-core DSP architecture. Founded in 1998, Octasic is a private company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with R&D facilities in Canada and India, and a worldwide sales support network.
We are currently looking for:
Presales and Customer Support Specialist, Wireless
Within this team you will be responsible for presales and customer support for the fastest growing business segment at Octasic: our wireless platforms for base stations. You will accompany customers throughout the development cycle of their products, ranging from design to integration and testing phases. You will also be responsible for customer demonstrations and training sessions. Interactions with customers will be via our portal and by telephone, in addition to visits to their offices.
- Main Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to Octasic’s clients in the following expertise:
- The hardware and electronic components of our OCTBTS boards and systems (DSP, ARM controller, power amplifiers, etc.)
- Embedded software FlexiPHY L1 PHY, stack (L2 / L3) and wireless core (LTE, UMTS and GSM)
- Our embedded development environment for our DSP.
- Train customers to integrate and use Octasic products.
- Assist the sales team in customer meetings with technical demonstrations and presentations.
- Assist with coordination between sales, engineering and product management teams to deliver products that meet customer requirements and deadlines.
- Participate in writing and reviewing technical documentation used by clients.
- Attend trade shows and conferences with the sales team.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- Experience of at least 5 years as an embedded software developer, application engineer or similar
- Excellent knowledge of English, oral and written
- Functional French knowledge is required
- Strong knowledge of wireless base stations, including system architecture, hardware and software development, testing phases and field deployment.
- Strong knowledge of wireless protocols and standards
- Solid experience with at least one of the following technologies: LTE, UMTS and GSM
- Experience with C/C ++ and/or embedded programming languages
- Strong knowledge of Linux.
- Familiar with electronic equipment, radio frequency transmitters and power amplifiers.
- Good team player
- Autonomous, quickly learner
- Like investigating bugs
- Good interpersonal and communicational skills
- Available for international travel about 25% of the time, sometimes with short notice.
Choosing Octasic is for:
- A workplace at the cutting edge of technology in a growing business
- To be in contact with wireless technology experts
- For competitive conditions ( salaries, benefits, gym membership discount, RRSPs, options purchase program)
- For a work-family balance (flexible schedule, work remotely, etc.)
- For friendly and collaborative work atmosphere.